Guide to Employment
SE WA ALTC Mission Statement: To maximize the degree of independence and quality of service to individuals using, and agencies providing, community-based services. Our responsibility is managing, planning, coordinating, educating, and advocating for a comprehensive long-term care system.
SE WA ALTC has a philosophy of developing the capabilities of employees; providing a safe and pleasant work environment; providing appropriate employee compensation, recognition, and benefits.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION - SE WA ALTC - COG ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of a person’s age, color, creed, sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political belief, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and military status, or any other protected status under federal or state statute.
Applicants with disabilities may request an accommodation to participate in the job application and/or selection process for employment. Please contact SEWAALTCEmployment@dshs.wa.gov for further information.
ALTC offers the following employee benefits package:
- Medical, Dental Vision through Public Employee Benefits Board (PEBB) with multiple plan options available (100% Employer-paid Individual Premium on most plans)
- Employer contribution to Health Reimbursement Arrangement - Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association Plan
- Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS 2 or PERS 3) with Deferred Compensation Plans (DCP) available
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Progressive PTO Plan
- Sick Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules (after probationary period)
- Weekday-only Work Options
- Supportive Staff Development Opportunities
- Stable and Growing Organization
How to apply
Current vacancies are listed above. In completing the application, be sure to read it carefully and answer all of the questions. A resume will not be acceptable in place of completing the application, and you will not be eligible to interview without an application.
The application must be received by noon on the closing date posted. No applications will be accepted after this deadline regardless of the postmarked date.
Include all education and experience (hours worked weekly, and the month, day, and year of employment). This is used to calculate the amount of required experience. As minimum qualifications are set by program standards and funding sources, they cannot be waived. Applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
In the event that you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within three (3) days of the close of this posting. At that time, you will be asked to bring the following to the interview (if available), unless you have previously submitted these documents with the application:
- Copy of any certificate or license, degree (or transcripts showing the degree required for this position, which is listed in the ad as well as in the job description)
- Written job reference letters, preferably from past supervisors and/or…
- Recent job performance evaluation from a supervisor
There are two options to complete an application. Please choose one of the following:
1. Download the paper application. Sign, print and scan and submit to: SEWAALTCEmployment@dshs.wa.gov or fax to (509) 965-0221 or mail to PO Box 8349, Yakima, WA 98908.
Download Employment Application - [PDF]
2. Complete the digital form below. Please note that information will not be saved if the browser is closed before submission.